Sunday, November 18, 2007

MOHAMMED MADANI

Just wanted to post about my brother-in-law Moh, as I called him. He died on November 1, 2007 of asbestos cancer, also called MESOTHELIOMA. His cancer was in the stomach area, not the lungs. Mohammed was in so much pain towards the end. We miss him very much.

The El-Fatah University where he taught called my sister to tell her they were having a tribute/memorial for Moh tomorrow morning. How awesome is that!

If anyone would like to post about Moh, please do, and I will see that my sister and his children will get your words/memories of him.

I'm not sure which hospital Moh was in, but my sister said the care he received was wonderful! So, if anyone who reads this and they took care of him. Thank you. Sandi

4 Comments:

At 4:33 PM, Blogger Sandi said...

I forgot to add: my sister-in-law has a blogspot with a tribute to Moh as well. It is:

www.mrgreenjeans.blogspot.com

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger dona said...

I remember Uncle Moh taking Frank to slay a lamb. He said he was so ready to do it but Uncle Moh kept telling him what to and NOT to do. He told him the main thing was NOT to look at the lamb's eyes....Frank said he told him this same thing over and over and Frank was like OK, OK I won't.. Frank said he nearly passed out as he looked anyway and he almost lost his goodies and it took him a while to stand up. He said after the slaying was done all proper and they were on their drive back, Uncle Moh turned to him and started laughing because he was still so pale, but kept asking him if he was ok. He said he never laughed so much. Uncle Moh taught him all about how to cut and cook the lamb and that evening we all had a good time eating the lamb chops. I remember if that wasn't enough to eat, I remember Uncle Moh baking a homemade pizza and I remember him putting it into a square pan to bake and I was thinking how strange as I had never seen any pizza baked in a square pan and the crust was so thick. But I thought how I would do my best if I didn't like it. But much to my surprise, oh my goodness it was one of the best pizza's I have ever had. Square and all. Heck at my house growing up we just used Chef Boyardee!!! So this was exceptional! He was alright in my book!!! :) I had never met anyone quite like him. I will miss him.

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger dona said...

Nice to see you back online!!!!

 
At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home